This may seem harsh and ridiculous, but the first time I saw this little card it totally made sense to me, you could even say that it spoke to me. It is a very irrational and rational way to handle stress and assess the severity of certain situations in your daily life. I am a huge fan of just blurting out things like this, things that seem weird or strange, but are actually 100% true! This specifically mentions work, but feel free to insert school, relationships, paperwork or any other stress causing possibility. This may seem crazy to some of you, but I urge to try it just once and see how it feels.
This is my process:
- Step back from the stressful situation for a brief moment.
- Determine what is making me stressed in this situation.
- Ask the question: Is this a life or death scenario? (Usually not)
- If not, then I breathe and realize that there are likely hundreds of things that matter more to me.
- Therefore realizing that I’m not going to waste another second of my short lifespan on this spinning planet that is placed the perfect distance from the sun to make my existence possible on this tiny speed bump of an obstacle.
- After these 30 seconds are over, it is a lot easier for me to approach the formerly stressful situation with a clear, problem solving point of view.
All that from this little post card. This is how my brain works, and hopefully this little stress process of mine will help you with some problems that you would rather not care about more than you have to.
Disclaimer: These are for small situations, bigger life decisions need more tender love and care. :)
Subscribe to my blog for more posts like this and beyond!